Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A bit of Illustration

Something that's NOT in a comic book.

My Aunt asked me to make an illustration/poster for her, something related to her work.  She had a poem, I believe it's a kid's poem of some sort, the author is unknown to me.  Anyway, I thought it would make her happy, so I knocked it out.  I heard it will be hanging in the lobby of some hospital somewhere, hopefully people will get a bit of enjoyment out of it.

I wasn't there when she received it, but I'm told it made her VERY happy, to the point of tears.  That made me smile, too, so I thought I would share.

Here's the poem, I didn't write it:


TICK TOCK
ONE OCLOCK
POWERPOINT
ELECTRIC SHOCK

TICK TOCK
TWO OCLOCK
FERRY BOAT
SAFE IN DOCK

TICK TOCK 
THREE OCLOCK
LOTS OF TEETH
ANGRY CROC

TICK TOCK 
FOUR OCLOCK
FIRE WOOD
ON CHOPPING BLOCK


TICK TOCK
FIVE OCLOCK
LET ME IN
THE DOOR UN-LOCK

TICK TOCK
SIX OCLOCK
COM-BI-NA-TION LOCK

TICK TOCK
SEVEN OCLOCK
CAR WITH MOTOR
ENGINE BLOCK

TICK TOCK
EIGHT OCLOCK
CHAINS AND LINK
THEY INTERLOCK

TICK TOCK
NINE OCLOCK
SAFETY FIRST
DONT THROW THAT ROCK

TICK TOCK
TEN OCLOCK
ROUND THEM UP
THE CATTLE STOCK


TICK TOCK 
ELEVEN OCLOCK
HAVE YOU FOUND
MY BUILDING BLOCK

TICK TOCK
TWELVE OCLOCK
ITS LATE SO GO TO BED

PHEWWWWWW

2 comments:

Paul H said...

You are a master of hatching, this is a really great piece.

Anonymous said...

I really like this, you have a wonderful talent